Even the most talented staff members can be demanding, and at times difficult to manage. Every organization has these staff members and managing them correctly can make all the difference. Here are some pointers on how improve your relationship with your most talented staff.
1) Over communicate. In general it is a good idea to over communicate but especially with these staff members is it extra important.
2) Compliment them whenever possible, as positive reinforcement can be very beneficial.
3) Be firm with them but do in the most respectful way.
4) Be empathetic to them whenever possible by listening to what they have to say.
5) Allow and enable them to grow and blossom in their work and role.
6) Give them the opportunity to present new ideas, and support them through the process.
Although my post is titled “How to manage talented staff members” these pointers are appropriate and applicable to all staff members.
Share your thoughts and ideas on how to manage talented staff members.