In order to retain happy and involved team members, managers must ensure that all team members are engaged in the organization. There are many reasons why it is important to have engaged team members, but the main one is that it affects the bottom line. So how do managers make sure that team members are engaged?
1) Managers must encourage team leaders and team members to share updates about their team with the entire organization.
2) Managers must facilitate the sharing of ideas across different teams, and motivate team leaders and members to work with one another in new ways to develop ideas.
3) Managers must create transparency across the organization and promote a sense of responsibility for one anther i.e. team leaders and team members should feel responsible for each others’ success.
4) Managers must instill in team leaders and members the desire to help recruit great talent for the organization, as great talent very often comes from word-of-mouth.
5) Managers must create a sense of pride amongst the team leaders and members, as a proud and passionate workforce can accomplish wonders.
Remember: reaching team member engagement is not a destination but an ongoing journey.